After the installation of the water and fertilizer integrated facilities in the orchard, the fertilization becomes quite convenient, and the nutrients and trace elements needed for the fruit trees can be replenished at any time. Is it still necessary to use the time and effort to open the ditch and apply the organic fertilizer as before?
Before answering this question, let's first look at two views that I have encountered in the industry:
One point of view: Under the condition of soilless cultivation, no organic fertilizer is used, and the crop can grow very well. It proves that as long as the water and fertilizer integration is used for reasonable nutrient supply, the organic fertilizer can be eliminated in Daejeon. Israel's desert-like soil, through the integration of water and fertilizer, is not the same as making strong agriculture?
Another point of view: organic fertilizer can not be replaced, even if there is integrated water and fertilizer equipment, to produce high-quality fruit, organic fertilizer must be the main. Japan's high-quality fruits are grown on soils with extremely high organic content.
In fact, both of them still make sense and also provide strong arguments.
So what about us? On the land of China, the fruit trees on the land that have just been equipped with water and fertilizer integration facilities are to learn Israel? Still, have to learn Japan?
Let's first learn about Israeli agriculture. Israel is a country with severe water shortages. Most of the soil is sandy. In this harsh agricultural land resource environment, producing agricultural products, saving water and improving fertilizer utilization are undoubtedly the most important goals. Water and fertilizer integration has taken a decisive role in Israeli agriculture, with a coverage rate of more than 85%. The world's most advanced water and fertilizer integration technology is from Israel. Therefore, both in hardware and software, they have the conditions to weaken the nutrient supply of organic fertilizer, using a comprehensive formula nutrient solution, to accurately supply nutrients according to crop demand, and produce high quality and high-quality agricultural products.
Israel Modern Water and Fertilizer Integration System
Let's learn about Japan. Japan is a model for fine agricultural production, with green and organic agricultural products taking the lead in the world. The domestic agricultural products are basically on the high-end and high-end routes, and the labor and agricultural investment per unit area is quite amazing. The organic matter content of many orchards can reach 5-7%, which is unpredictable for most orchards in China with organic matter content of 1-2%. There are reports that even more bluntly: our soil organic matter has to catch up with Japan, at least 50 years.
And the fact we face is:
1. We have just realized the integrated hardware configuration of water and fertilizer, and the accurate and refined software technology from Israel is still a few decades of accurate awareness and popularization of operation technology. Besides, the more dominant reason is that most of us have just realized the integration of water and fertilizer, and the soil has been damaged to varying degrees in the long-term fertilizer-based bad farming system. Deteriorating speed.
2. We are still a developing country with a population of 1.4 billion. From the fine high-quality agriculture in Japan, there is still a common consumption of at least 1 billion people. From the level of soil organic matter content, it is still a development period of several decades. It is not realistic to make all the fine, controlled, organic, high quality and high prices of Japanese style. Restricting the use of green and organic agriculture for fertilizers is a mainstream development direction, but it also takes a long way to go.
That is to say, at present, most orchards that have achieved water and fertilizer integration cannot achieve Israel's accurate water and fertilizer integration management level, nor can they reach the fine and high output value of Japanese orchards.
Therefore, we must base ourselves on reality, combine reality, and not go to any extreme.
Popular agricultural products still have to occupy a dominant position for a long time, and fertilizers still need to be used, and organic fertilizers are indispensable.
The reasons are summarized as follows:
1. Differences in soil properties and poor soil requirements must be achieved with organic fertilizers. In China, from south to north, from east to west, the soil properties vary greatly. On the land where you have realized the integration of water and fertilizer, you may have experienced quite long-term unreasonable management, such as acid, alkali, salt damage, compaction, and soil-borne diseases. In various soils with complex health conditions, organic fertilizer must be relied on to increase soil permeability, increase fertility, increase water retention and fertilizer storage capacity, adjust pH, alleviate salt damage, and reduce the incidence of soil-borne diseases and insect pests.
2. Counteract the negative impact of differences in technical quality. Organic fertilizer, in soil management, is a good nutrient supply buffer, with comprehensive nutrients and slow release. If the management of technical reasons is not so accurate, in the integrated management of water and fertilizer, the buffer effect can be increased by applying less water-soluble fertilizer and applying more organic fertilizer.
3. The game of production and quality. Undoubtedly, it is easier to produce high-quality fruit on soil with high organic matter content. It is relatively difficult to use all the fertilizer soil, but the effect of fertilizer on yield is obvious. A common rise in output and quality means an increase in economic efficiency. Therefore, in the integrated management of water and fertilizer, combined with the common advantages of using water-soluble fertilizers and organic fertilizers, it will be the mainstream for a long period.
So what is a reasonable way?
1. The use of base fertilizer emphasizes the application of organic fertilizer. When the fruit trees are built, a large amount of organic fertilizer is used as the base fertilizer. This is the most cost-effective way to use organic fertilizer. It can increase the organic matter content to a large extent at one time, and it is easier to operate than the frequent application every year. Also, this method is very beneficial to the growth of fruit trees and saplings, providing nutrients in an all-round way, promoting the roots to be strong, and not being as strong as fertilizers.
2. The basic fertilizer supplement is based on organic fertilizer. In the autumn, combined with deep turning and trenching, organic fertilizer supplementation. Increase soil organic matter content year by year. Topdressing can be done by using water-soluble fertilizers through water and fertilizer integration under the principle of thinner and more meals.
3. The amount of fertilizer applied should be adapted to local conditions. According to the organic matter content of the soil, the amount of organic fertilizer applied is determined, and the more the soil is, the more it is needed. The picture below is from a soil test report of a pre-built orchard. The soil organic matter content is only 4.51g/kg, less than 0.5%. Therefore, it is necessary to increase the organic matter content through the base fertilizer and long-term application of a large amount of base fertilizer.
Issues to be aware of:
Organic fertilizer also contains a lot of nutrients. In the whole year's fertilizer input, the nutrient demand of fruit trees is the sum of the nutrient content of the applied fertilizer and organic fertilizer, which needs to be calculated and controlled.
Written at the end of the text:
Light, airy, temperature, water and fertilizer are the five major factors in crop growth. But only water and fertilizer can be artificially controlled in production, which is also the biggest controllable factor affecting quality. Water and fertilizer integration is only a tool. Producers must combine the soil conditions and market positioning of products, and use tools to reasonably determine the water and fertilizer management system, which is the foundation for long-term development and good agriculture.